Monday, July 30, 2007

Dr. Larry Litman Unplugged!

Dr. Larry Litman's a “classic” success story. Not just him, but his entire family! Sons David, Michael and wonderful wife Gail all share in the glory of their family real estate investing business.

In fact, I see the day in the not-so-distant future when Larry will sell his Champaign, IL dental practice and do real estate full-time. I mean, why not?

It all started back in December 2005 (sounds like a long time ago, but in reality, just 19 months back!), Larry and Gail attended my first Real Estate Boot Camp for Busy Dentists. I remember them well. They sat in the back of the room which, for 3-days, held about 200 people.

I have to admit: 3-days in a chair CAN give you a numb butt. But, what Larry and Gail walked away with changed the course of their lives forever. So much so, that BOTH sons, both highly educated off-spring, are now working with them to build an incredible real estate empire.

David – Has his MBA. QUIT a $200+ grand a year J.O.B. to get involved.

Michael – Ph.D. in Computer Science. Teacher at an IL university. Hasn’t quit his job, but what he did do was create the most incredible deal tracking system I’ve seen for operating a business in the foreclosure niche. Learn more here: www.trackyourdreams.com.

OK, so now on to Larry & David’s trip that wraps up today in Juneau, AK courtesy of my company (for winning the 2006 Deal Contest) and my brother’s, www.ThunderMountainAnglers.com.

Here’s the email I picked up just a day or so ago…

Jerry,
Dave and I got into Juneau last night. We meet Brian, Andy, and Jason at the Travelodge. Yes, Brian is better looking than you! We plan on meeting Brian later today. Fishing early tomorrow and just maybe we will see whales. We went to Mendenhall Glacier today and had a blast. The weather was great and we had a free private tour with a young lady named Amy who works for the national park. We saw bears, salmon, and all sorts of plants while we did our private hike. On the way to the Glacier we stopped at your brother’s house to see the boat. We did notice your boat was for sale. If we paid all cash and could close quickly what would you be willing to sell your boat for? Jerry, if you want to sell that boat quickly you might consider a real ugly sign with every other word misspelled or something. Just a thought. We will keep you posted on our great adventure. Larry
Just to clarify, Larry, I think I am better looking than MY brother… But hey, that’s my opinion.

It’s crazy where Real Estate can take you!!

And to prove just how much fun Larry and David are having:

Jerry,
Today is my last full day in Juneau. The weather was beautiful the last 3 days but a little rainy today. Dave plans to walk the old man (me) until I drop. I think he wants me to hike up Mt. Roberts because there is no way Dave is paying $25 for the tram ride. Also, we are going to visit all the sites downtown as well. Brian was great and the experience is something that I will remember forever. We caught a load of fish, saw Whales, Eagles, Bears, and even a [famous, local] shipwreck! Brian put on a show when he bit the head off a live herring (I have pictures). Brian's knowledge of the area is unbelievable and the dinner he prepared for us last night was awesome. Of course I needed to pick up mass quantities of Beef to go along with the fish. Surf and Turf! Brian is preparing all the fish for us to take back home and I'm bringing over a wet box tonight for him to pack This adventure was the best, so thanks again for everything. Larry

I have to give you some background on why Brian, MY brother is biting the heads off fish. No, he’s not Ozzy Osbourne.

Brian’s hard-core. Everything he does and goes after well, is done full-tilt. He’s passionate, enjoys entertaining and if he can be on a boat fishing, there’s nothing better. So his charter and eco-tour business is a perfect fit for everything that is BRIAN.

Back when we were kids – he was probably 15 and I was 11 or 12 – we’d just returned from a trip to the Columbia River where we dipped (netted) a couple of 5-gallon buckets of a small, migratory bait fish called smelt.

Brian’s friend Mark bet him: “I bet you too scared to bite the head off that fish.”

Brian’s not afraid of anything the last time I checked…So, guess what? Yeah, he bit the head off the smelt (it was long since expired).

So I am sure one of his friends in Juneau was telling that story and Larry or David…well, bet him he wouldn’t do it.

So there’s the background.

Now, on to business – I’d like YOU to be the next guy I sent to Juneau fishing on board Thunder Mountain Anglers. But you can’t go on my dime unless you submit a real estate deal and meet the other various contest qualifications. If you’d like info, send me an email (jerry@jerryjonesdirect.com) and I’ll post the rules for ya.

Meanwhile…The MALL DEAL may just very well be coming back alive. I will update you soon, likely in the next 7 days.

Now…Go Make an Offer™! ~Jerry


Real Estate Education & FREE Information for Busy Dentists - For more information visit http://www.RealEstateForBusyDentists.com

No comments: