Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Depreciation - How to use if to your almost unfair advantage

The last couple of posts I've written, I've talked about depreciation some.

You know what BAD depreciation is (see last two posts). 

So what is GOOD depreciation?

Answer: The kind that is associated with Real Estate Investments!

OK, so smarty, here's the real definition for Depreciation associated with real estate investments...

Checking my handy-dandy Barron's Real Estate Guide, here's what if says:

"Realty that is subject to deductions for depreciation. Depreciation here, is allocating the cost of an asset over its useful life."

What that means is that every year, you get to DEPRECIATE your property and take a DEDUCTION OFF YOUR TAXES for this depreciation.

How cool is that?

I'll tell you...but you have to wait for the next BLOG post. But, trust me, you'll like it even more, and then, all this depreciation stuff will tie in together.

Oh, BTW, if you've bought a new car in the last 2 weeks AND have been a  reader of my Blog, SHAME ON YOU!

Adios, Jerry





No comments: